The quality of itelligence’s SAP BPC consultants was a key factor in the success of the project. They were able to bring finance expertise and SAP knowledge which really helped introduce the solution to the business.
Sharon Honeyman, Head of Management Information, Spire Healthcare
Spire Healthcare is a leading independent hospital group in the United Kingdom with 38 hospitals, 12 clinics, two Specialist Care Centres and Perform at St George’s Park – an elite sports training centre. Located across England, Wales and Scotland, its hospitals treat insured, Self-pay and NHS patients, and delivered tailored, personalised care to more than 270,000 in-patients and daycase patients in 2015.
Spire Healthcare offers inpatient/ daycase procedures in areas including orthopaedics, gynaecology, cardiology, neurology, oncology and general surgery and also diagnostic services including imaging and pathology, and is the principal provider by volume of knee and hip operations in the United Kingdom. The Group also offers out-patient services, such as consulting, minor procedures, treatments, health checks and physiotherapy.
Uitdagingen en voordelen
- Streamline and standardise planning and reporting processes for greater visibility and control
- Provide a single tool for standard financial reporting, consolidation and forecasting processes
- Integrate top-down and bottom-up planning
- Replace out of date and unreliable legacy systems
- Reduce manual activities and resource intensive spreadsheet models associated with business planning data collation
- Support new process requirements for driver based planning and rolling forecast methodologies
- More effective planning processes with accelerated reporting cycles
- Improved transparency and compliance with centralised control
- Reduced manual processing, freeing up time for more value added analysis
- Reduced time in planning and budgeting processes by incorporating central assumptions and exception reporti
- SAP BusinessObjects Planning & Consolidation (SAP BPC)
About the Project
Spire Healthcare has strong IT foundations supporting their business with SAP ERP, SAP Patient Administration and SAP BusinessObjects. One of the critical enhancements was the implementation of SAP BusinessObjects Planning & Consolidation (SAP BPC) to provide a centralised and consistent platform across the healthcare group for Planning, Reporting and Consolidation processes.
Taking only ten months, itelligence delivered the SAP BPC solution across the business which has now been adopted by over 80 users. The project required a complete re-design of the existing BPC implementation to provide a unified solution that would support the latest Spire planning and reporting processes, including the introduction of a driver based, rolling forecast methodology.
As part of the SAP BPC NetWeaver implementation, itelligence provided application consulting, project engagement management, technical advisory and best practice guidance. itelligence’s proven delivery approach provided best practice assurance and included an agile methodology to ensure any unique constraints of the project were satisfied with input from users across the business.
Effective knowledge transfer was assured throughout the implementation culminating in a ‘train the trainer’ approach and a comprehensive training programme with itelligence ensuring the Spire Healthcare project team were self-sufficient post go-live.