The integrated SAP software has allowed us to standardise many processes and procedures across both sites, making staff feel that they are all part of the same unified organisation.
Laura Hetherington, Marketing Executive, Bespak Injectables
With 600 employees and a turnover of £83.8 million (€93.68 million), Bespak manufactures more than 500 million medical devices each year. As a leading supplier of inhaled drug delivery devices to the global pharmaceutical industry.
Bespak’s device portfolio includes metered dose inhaler valves, dry powder inhalers, and integrated dose counting actuators. Bespak devices are used by asthma and COPD sufferers worldwide.
- Integrate a newly acquired company with the existing organization
- Harmonize processes and procedures across both organizations
- Drive efficiency improvements at the new company
- Enable synergies across the 2 businesses
- Improves efficiency while reducing costs
- Access the back-office support functions of a much larger organization
- Focus on core areas of expertise
- Stock management controls are more robust, improving traceability and auditability
- Improves the credibility in the eyes of regulatory bodies such as the FDA and the Medicines and Healthcare products Regulatory Agency
- Improves standing with existing and potential pharmaceutical customers
- SAP Business All-in-One
- Expert knowledge of the consultants
- Excellent references
About the Project
As a mature user of SAP software, Bespak decided to support this strategy by replacing a variety of disparate software packages and proprietary applications at Bespak Injectables with an SAP Business All-in-One solution. Bespak turned to SAP partner itelligence Business Solutions (UK) Ltd for help with the implementation.
Targeting a completion date that would enable Bespak to start the financial year using the new solution, the joint Bespak-itelligence project team worked quickly to roll out the software in just 60 consultancy days – approximately five times faster than average for this type of implementation. According to Mark Newman, SAP service manager at Bespak, teamwork was also a key success factor. “Communication between itelligence consultants and our own internal team was excellent,” he confirms. “Everyone worked closely to meet our objectives on time and within budget.”
Bespak Injectables now uses the SAP solution to support everything from stock management to accounting. And with data processed and stored within the same standardized software, the organization has been able to centralize finance, purchasing, and production planning functions at Bespak’s King’s Lynn headquarters. As a result, the company has benefited from improved efficiency while reducing costs. “The integrated SAP software has allowed us to standardize many processes and procedures across both sites, making staff feel that they are all part of the same unified organization” sais Laura Hetherington, Marketing Executive at Bespak Injectables.
Mark Newman conclude: “Rolling out our SAP Business All-in-One solution has supported a smooth transition and helped us to modernize and upgrade Bespak Injectables’ enterprise performance infrastructure in a very short space of time, in a relatively
inexpensive way. We now know that it is a relatively straightforward task to roll out our standard SAP software to other companies, and we have a proven model that can work well again for any future acquisitions.”