The acquisition of stores in three new European countries presented us with the challenge of quickly rolling out ecommerce websites in those countries, underpinned by the latest version of SAP C/4Hana commerce. itelligence formulated a strategy to help us achieve that rapidly and cost-effectively. The implementation has progressed extremely well and leaves us with an ecommerce function that delivers the speed, reliability and seamless experience that today’s online shoppers expect.
Rob Wilson, Chief Technical Officer, Smyths Toys
Turnover: £475.7 m
Smyths Toys is Europe’s largest toy retailer, with 200 stores spread across five countries and a total workforce of 5,000 people. The company operates more than 100 stores in the UK and Ireland, and acquired more stores in Austria, Germany and Switzerland in 2018. Dedicated to promoting learning and creativity among children, Smyths Toys offers a wide range of toys, baby products, outdoor equipment and video games.
Challenges et bénéfices
- Launch new websites for three new countries
- Version of UK & Ireland’s existing SAP Commerce Cloud platform
- Rethink existing infrastructure arrangements
- Develop more flexible and scalable solution
- Accomodate peak traffic, workflow, payment processing and third party integrations
- Reduced overall infrastructure costs with cloud based infrastructure strategy
- Rapid completion and cost efficiency
- Contributed to a 30% increase in turnover of Black Friday period in 2018
- Increased security, stability and resilience
- Modular approach encourages speedy entry to new countries
- SAP Commerce Cloud Support
- SAP Commerce Cloud implementation
Rapid implementation, platform optimisation and cost savings
With the acquisition of new stores in Austria, Germany and Switzerland adding to the existing UK and Ireland portfolio of Smyths Toys, new ecommerce websites had to be rolled out quickly. itelligence formulated a cost-effective plan for the rollout, including a new flexible and efficient infrastructure strategy, a modular approach to implementation, optimisation of the SAP C/4 Hana SAP Commerce Coud platform and provision of ongoing support. This provides Smyths with a resilient and responsive web presence in key countries and ensures a smooth online shopping experience for customers, even during peak periods.