The quality of products and services of a company is determined by IT. And the way I use IT can be a real competitive edge over others.
Roland Berger, Founder and Honorary Chairman, Roland Berger Strategy Consultants
Roland Berger, founded in 1967, is the only leading global consultancy with German heritage and of European origin. With 2,400 employees working in 36 countries, they have successful operations in all major international markets. Their 50 offices are located in the key global business hubs.
Uitdagingen en voordelen
- Consolidation of a heterogeneous IT landscape
- Provide central customer data base
- Link data relationships from procurement and CRM to financial accounting and controlling
- Execute operating procedures in a standardized way, to support IT
- Easy adaption and roll-out of the software solution across over 20 countries
- Low implementation effort and maintenance cost reduction
- Compliance of privacy
- Workflow-supported travel cost billing
- Transparent and uniform operating procedures
- Integrated business processes
- Mobile data access
- SAP Business ByDesign, including modules for financial accounting, controlling, resource planning, time management, travel & expense management, customer relationship management
About the Project
In order to keep track of the rapid globalization of markets and take advantage of the growth opportunities, Roland Berger decided to implement a new system landscape. The former IT landscape which consisted of CRM and ERP solutions from different vendors and in-house developed solutions, has been replaced with an ERP on-demand software.
The new IT environment was to provide the central data base to link data relationships from procurement and CRM to financial accounting and controlling, and execute them in a standardized, IT-supported way.
The SAP solution in SaaS mode allows even small overseas subsidiaries, with few employees to use full ERP functions. And due to internet based access a site implementation is not necessary. The consultants can benefit from end-to-end business processes and the possibility of mobile data access. Manual and paper-based procedures that previously caused media breaks, are eliminated. For Roland Berger that means: transparent and efficient operations and improved data quality. Eligible users have anytime, anywhere access to the on-demand solution enabling them to retrieve information and key figures or collect data such as their working hours or travel expenses – whether in the office or on the road.
In addition, travel expenses can be done significantly faster and safer in the future as the process is workflow-based and runs electronically up to approval level. Employees can simply take a picture of their receipts via smart phone, allowing for immediate and final processing of their travel expenses.
Lead management also benefits from the introduction of SAP Business ByDesign. While on the road contact details of prospective clients can be added directly to the cloud-based ERP solution with integrated CRM functions and be managed centrally and uniform.