-written by Andrew Fox, BI Consultant, itelligence-
In the video below you will see a demonstration of SAP newest data visualization technology, SAP Lumira, accessing, transforming and sharing data both inside and outside the enterprise to mobile users.
What is SAP Lumira?
Tap into your data – big and small – and discover answers to your business questions without IT’s help
Give your business users the solution they need to access, transform and visualize your data in a repeatable, self-service way. SAP Lumira´s (formerly SAP Visual Intelligence) drag and drop interface and engaging visualizations allow you to quickly analyze data for rapid time to insight and business agility – no scripting required.
- Deliver faster time to insight in a repeatable, self-service way
- Maximise business knowledge with a combination of big picture insights and granular details
- Accelerate decision making with immediate, fact based answers to complex business questions
- Increase self-service data usage without adding to your IT department’s workload
SAP Lumira, the next step in the company’s self-service business intelligence (BI) vision.
SAP Lumira extends beyond the desktop to the cloud and enables users to:
- Visualize any amount of data in real time in a repeatable, self-service way
- Accelerate decision-making with fact based answers to business questions
- Increase self-service data usage without adding to the IT workload
- «In today’s big data environment, companies need to capture the massive amounts of data and be able to quickly make sense of it all,» said Dan Vesset, program vice president, IDC. «This means going beyond basic reports and spreadsheets to a truly self-service approach designed for ease of use and that delivers a combination of speed and engaging visualizations. SAP Lumira and SAP Lumira Cloud are a new options for enterprise self-service BI.»
Built in HTML5, SAP Lumira Cloud makes development and delivery of new analysis quicker and helps reduce the need for IT support. It also allows for out-of-the-box integration with on-premise data and provides huge scale with native support for SAP HANA. With SAP Lumira Cloud, users can:
- Share, create and interact with data visualizations in the cloud
- Upload, download and share documents from SAP Lumira, making it easy to access documents from anywhere and collaborate
- Publish datasets from SAP Lumira to SAP Lumira Cloud
- Create, explore and share data sets and analytics via Web browsers or mobile devices
- Upload and share other types of documents, such as documents from SAP Crystal Reports software, files from SAP BusinessObjects Design Studio and Microsoft Excel spreadsheets
The video embedded into this post was recorded as a submission to the 2013 SAP Data Geek Challenge.
SAP Data Geek Challenge 2013
The Data Geek Challenge is a movement by the SAP data community to discover and tell the most compelling stories using data. SAP’s newest data visualization technology, SAP Lumira, allows us to uncover value from our data and discover new meaning. The Data Geek Challenge urges us to demonstrate how we can turn data into meaningful insight that allows us to take action and that will ultimately lead to change however big or small.