The integration of BW/4HANA to S/4HANA proved to be a revelation! We now have our financial information in one place with profitability analytics instantly available.”
Morgan Pearse, Data & Analytics Manager, Evergreen Garden Care
Employees: 900 (2019)
Turnover: £330 million (2019)
Evergreen Garden Care are leading lawn and garden care experts.
Benefits and Challenges
- The mandate to separate from ScottsMiracle-Gro would remove access to the previous BW environment as a result of the divestment
- Operating in an FMCG environment, the accurate analysis of sales and margin was critical and needed to be available as a priority
- How to harmonise the BW/4HANA project with the S/4HANA project and understand the concept of the new SAP system before visibility of data on the new platform
- The New modelling and data management capabilities of SAP BW/4HANA provide the flexibility that was critical for syncing the go-live with the SAP S/4HANA project
- Benefitted from SAP Best Practice as the benchmark with BW reporting and analytics following this model. (The solution wasn’t a replica of the parent company platform)
- A new strategic & financial reporting tool was created. Evergreen upgraded their COPA/profitability analytics using the Universal Journal Entry table in S/4 that puts all financial information in one place
- The modern visual interface with simplified BW data flows has resulted in improved productivity and faster analytics on the SAP HANA database
- SAP BW/4HANA
- SAP S/4HANA
Evergreen Garden Care is Transforming Data into Operational Insights with SAP S/4HANA & BW/4HANA
With both local and global SAP expertise, and a solid understanding of Evergreen’s business and industry, itelligence was chosen to implement under a tight deadline a new business platform, able to provide accurate analysis of sales and margin proved to be critical in the consumer product industry.
Evergreen Garden Care has transformed data into operational Insights with SAP BW/4HANA. Evergreen Garden Care is benefiting from the new modelling and data management capabilities of SAP BW/4HANA in addition to operating with all their financial information in one place. The modern visual interface with simplified BW data flows has resulted in improved productivity and faster analytics on the SAP HANA database.