We have chosen itelligence due to the combination of methodical expertise and tool competence in IT transformation projects. As always, the experienced and engaged employees have led us to success.
Jens Schwetje, Senior Project Manager, KWS SAAT SE
For 160 years, KWS has stood for quality breeding and production of seeds and has belonged to the world market leaders.
Benefits and Challenges
- Retroactive merger of two accounting and two controlling areas
- Transition of connected HR systems
- Parallel projects, which required SAP basis as well as SAP application upgrades
- Limited availability of employees at the customer’s site
- Retroactive merger of accounting and controlling areas at the beginning of the fi scal year without changes in the preceding years
- Conversion of logistical organization structures
- Implementation done in the necessary time frame
- Nearly fully automated transition of data and organization structures
- Audit-proof merger due to a certifi ed tool and revision-safe recording
- it.transform Merge Check workshop
- it.transform Analysis Suite
- it.transform Merge
About the Project
Due to economical and legal framework conditions, the requirement arose to merge KWS MAIS GmbH and KWS SAAT SE commercially. During an it.transform workshop KWS and itelligence clarified objectives, specified framework conditions and developed a possible approach for the merger.
Based on this, the requirements and the further strategy for the merger project were derived and documented. It was an essential task to get further information about the shared SAP ERP and to obtain an understanding of all technical aspects. In an it.transform analysis project, an overview regarding the general complexity of the SAP system and the scope of the in-house developments was worked out. In addition, the number of hard-coded values and relevant aspects of customizing were identified. With its method it.transform and the used tools in there, itelligence eventually managed to merge KWS MAIS GmbH and KWS SAAT SE retroactively into the SAP system.