Thanks to itelligence, the conversion and migration to S/4HANA was carried out very successfully, quickly, and smoothly. Now, post-merger, we have a future-proof platform that we can develop further based on our needs.
– IT-expert and thought leader in the Food & Beverages industry that was involved in this project.
Employees: 3900 (2019)
Turnover: 325 million euro (2019)
Wyzwania i korzyści
- Post-merger integration
- End of support for existing ERP system
- Upgrade existing business suite with minimum impact
- Minimum disruption of processes
- Future-proof SAP environment as a basis for future innovation
- Both merged parties operate on the same S/4HANA template
- Processes can be streamlined and optimised throughout the organisation
- Conversion and migration with minimum disruption
- SAP S/4HANA business suite
- itelligence it.food template
- SAP Extended Warehouse Management (EWM)
- SAP Fiori front-end
- itelligence Conversion Factory
A future-proof fish processing business with SAP S/4HANA
When two noted family businesses in the salmon and shrimp processing sector decided to join forces under a new name, they knew they also had to implement a single ERP system to make daily business run smoothly. Both companies have a long history in the processing of salmon and shrimp. With the merger, they wanted to achieve a faster response to market requirements and opportunities and provide its clients with an even better service.
A conversion with a minimal impact
itelligence converted the already existing ECC system to SAP S/4HANA. In addition, some of the other company’s historical data was migrated to the new environment. Because SAP has ended the support of ECC WM, the decision was immediately made to also switch to Extended Warehouse Management (EWM) on S/4HANA.
To minimise the impact, initially the focus was on a back-end converted to S/4HANA with SAP GUI. “Almost parallel to that, we developed a template for S/4HANA with a Fiori front-end that supports both companies. This project is therefore not only an upgrade, but an optimisation too”, says the overseeing interim IT-manager.
During the process regular testing took place, to check whether following the conversion, transactions were still taking place correctly. To this end, the newly merged organisation relied on the itelligence Conversion Factory, a solution for upgrading older SAP systems to SAP S/4HANA through smart system conversion.