With the year 2017 passing by, a look back to see as to what were the major breakthroughs in the world of SAP, the thought is all engrossed by the terms Digital Transformation and SAP Leonardo.
In today’s competitive world, businesses are tending to evolve from their traditional model of operations & management to cutting-edge technology aided business model which is referred to as Digital transformation. This Digital Transformation is not just about the new technologies, it is the reimagining and reinvention of how businesses operate.
Digital Transformation is not new; but since the Industry boundaries are now getting blurred and the customer expectations are more demanding, businesses are willing to achieve this by implementing Industry 4.0 scenarios:
- Interoperability: The ability of machines, devices, sensors, and people to connect and communicate with each other via the Internet of Things (IoT) or the Internet of People (IoP)
- Information transparency: The ability of information systems to simulate and create a virtual copies of the physical world elements by enriching digital plant models with sensor data.
- Technical assistance: The ability of assistance systems to support humans by aggregating and visualizing information comprehensibly for making informed decisions and solving urgent problems on short notice and the ability of cyber physical systems to physically support humans by conducting a range of tasks that are unpleasant, too exhausting or unsafe for their human co-workers.
- Decentralized decisions: The ability of cyber physical systems to make decisions on their own and to perform their tasks as autonomously as possible.
- Real-time capability: Real time data for real-time economy with focus on decisions using preventive or predictive maintenance.
With the mission to lead the global “servitization” in the new digital economy, helping companies reimagine their businesses using the SAP digital business framework, SAP in the SAPPHIRE 2017 presented the SAP’s innovation agenda with SAP Leonardo as the SAP’s Digital Innovation System and the tool for Digital transformation and the strategic evolution of the businesses.
SAP Leonardo – Digital Innovation System
Digital business is built on new computing infrastructure – the pillars of mobile, cloud, Big Data and analytics – accelerated by the Internet of Things (IoT), advances in machine learning and innovations like blockchain. SAP Leonardo integrates these new technologies with powerful capabilities of HANA.
With increased usage of mobile devices, the development of sophisticated real-time analytics, and the emergence of cloud delivery, SAP Leonardo was introduced as the digital innovation system with SAP S/4HANA as the digital core.
The inclusion of these technologies in the SAP ecosystem helps unlock and power the virtuous cycle of innovation between existing systems of record(that only used to store the transactional data) and System of Intelligence(SAP Leonardo Technologies).
SAP has adopted the approach of Design Thinking which helps the implementation of SAP Leonardo in a much effective manner, since the Design Thinking helps navigate the development process by taking a user-centric approach; and bringing stakeholders and end users together to identify the opportunities for innovation without focusing on technology.
With SAP Leonardo, the industry 4.0 scenarios will rightly be achieved for businesses using the technologies like Internet of Things, Big Data, Artificial Intelligence, Machine Learning, Co-Pilot and the real-time analytics. With rapid advancements in these latest technologies available in SAP Leonardo and superior capabilities of SAP HANA, SAP Leonardo is here to dominate the market for the coming years and will be the key influencer for businesses to scale at large.
Ready or not, digital transformation is coming — and it’s coming fast. It is very true that the early adopters are winning and have the chance to scale at large and succeed in the market ahead of their competitors.
Now is the time for organizations and businesses to embrace digital transformation with implementation of the SAP Leonardo.
Want to know more on SAP Leonardo, Internet of Things, Design thinking and other SAP technologies follow us on Itelligence India.