With SAP HANA, we have near-instant response times, enabling us to deliver real-time data to our users and create innovative processes. We can now reimagine the way we run our organisation and provide better services to our students.
Newcastle University is a public research university with 24 academic schools offering around 175 fulltime undergraduate degree programmes. The red brick university is well-known for its research and attracts over 23,000 students from around 120 countries. For over 17 years, it has been using SAP ERP and a number of other SAP solutions to manage its back office systems. However, with increasing volumes of data, performance was declining and it was taking too long to run reports.In order to become more responsive to students’
In order to become more responsive to students’ needs, the university decided to upgrade to the SAP HANA database platform. As the existing hardware was approaching end of life, the time was right to switch to new technology.
Výzvy a prínosy
- Increasing volumes of data leading to decreased performance and slower system response times
- Time-consuming overnight batch processing and unacceptable wait times for reports
- Rising system landscape complexity
- Hardware approaching end of life
- SAP HANA
- SAP Business Suite powered by SAP HANA
- SAP BW powered by SAP HANA
- it.education based on SAP Student Lifecycle Management
- Real-time insights to support decision-making
- Quick access to an accurate picture of the student body
- Ability to roll out intuitive apps to improve student satisfaction and retention
- Instant responses to student queries
- Reduced data footprint, resulting in faster system copy, patching, and backups
- Key focus on innovation in higher education
- Strategic SAP partner, providing application management services, technical and functional consulting, advisory services, and software maintenance
- Support for the SAP HANA proof of concept
Thanks to SAP HANA, Newcastle University can ensure it continues to appeal to digitally empowered students for generations to come.