As I sit here writing this we are 35 days away from #itelli2019, the agenda has been released and registration numbers are approaching 1,000. We have had many positive comments so far, which is heartening as pulling together an agenda for an event like #itelli2019 is never easy.
It is worth remembering that when we started the itelligence conference nearly 8 years ago, it was a customer only event. Our success over the intervening period has of course led to a larger conference, but we have also seen an exponential increase in the number of attendees from the wider SAP customer base.
With changes to the attendee mix and the ever evolving technology portfolio we have to keep on our toes if we are to ensure we continue to live up to the standards we have set for ourselves at our previous events.
This blog introduces some of the key things to look out for at #itelli2019, the objective is to make it easier for you to plan your day and hopefully get maximum value as a result.
Not only do we have a growing number of new faces attending the conference, we also have an ever expanding technology portfolio to cover. With 40 afternoon breakout sessions available we are of course able to cover all of the topic areas that we hear are important to you:
• Digital Core – still the number 1 topic of conversation, S/4HANA will be heavily represented at #itelli2019. Hear expert guidance and real customer stories about planning for and adopting SAP’s flagship enterprise management solution.
• Analytics and Data – whether you are a BusinessObjects user curious about a hybrid future with SAP Analytics Cloud or someone drowning under an increasing deluge of data you can be sure that there is a session for you.
• The Intelligent Enterprise – we know that many of you are being asked to deliver transformative initiatives that resonate beyond the core operations of your organisations. Whether that be a focus on employee development & retention, improvements to customer experiences, closer integration with supply chains or more cost effective procurement. There are a number of sessions to help you understand how SAP’s latest solutions can align with these requirements and more.
• Managed Services and “off premise” SAP – as new solutions become available and hardware refresh cycles mature the topic of managed services and the best way to run and evolve SAP investments is becoming more and more important. We have a number of sessions to help if you are managing, building or trying to plan the future of an SAP Centre of Excellence, struggling to understand the benefits of Cloud Infrastructure, or simply wanting to understand what’s on offer from alternative support providers.
• Development – it is perfectly understandable if you are feeling a little confused about the best methods, techniques and approaches for developing with SAP. What is the future of ABAP? Is the SAP Cloud Platform relevant to on-premise customers? What are my options for integration? What skills do I need to develop modern Fiori applications? All these questions and more will be covered.
You can expect to see more detail on specific conference sessions as we get closer to the event. Watch out in particular for some excellent customer led presentations.
I am always dubious of people who claim to be experts at everything, and I believe you can often apply the same logic to organisations. At itelligence we have a long and successful history of working with specialist partners who are able to provide our customers with complementary products or services. We are therefore pleased to announce that #itelli2019 will be supported by:
• UK & Ireland SAP User Group
• MSG Global
• Rocket Consulting
• Turnkey Consulting
Some of these relationships have been proven over a long period, in fact Weaveability, Rocket and the SAP User Group were sponsors of our very first conference in October 2011!
As well as delivering their presentations, the partners will also be available all day in the Community Hall where we will be serving refreshments and lunch.
No itelligence conference would be complete without support from our largest partner, SAP. Our event is not a mini SAP Sapphire, and it never will be. You come to our event expecting something different. However, we all know how effective we can be when we collaborate well. You the customer, itelligence and SAP, working together to drive better outcomes for your organisation.
A personal highlight from #itelli2018 was hosting the onstage Q&A with my boss, itelligence SVP and UK MD Justin Brading and SAP UK&I MD Jens Amail.
At #itelli2019 you will see and hear from senior leadership of both organisations, but it doesn’t stop there. A number of the new technology sessions are being planned and presented jointly by both SAP and itelligence experts. You can also find representatives from Concur and SAP Education in the Community Hall.
Also I am pleased to say that we will once again be joined by SAP Global Innovation Evangelist Timo Elliott who will be sharing stories and insights collected from customers around the world.
itelligence Innovation ShowcaseYour feedback from last year’s event was very clear on many topics, one that stood out for me was the innovation content we included during the morning keynote. Whether it was drones, facial recognition, Alexa interfacing with SAP or even internet connected laundry, many of you felt that these short vignettes helped you think about ways in which exponential technologies could be deployed within your organisations.
However, the feedback wasn’t all 100% positive. It was clear that many of you wanted to better understand these technologies and speak in more detail with experts. Although we tried to do this last year, the area set aside was too small and hard to find.
With that in mind, this year we are introducing an Innovation Showcase. Located in the main community hall and staffed by members of the itelligence Global Innovation Technologies Team. You can stop by at any point during the day for demonstrations and discussions focused on IoT, Machine Learning and AI, Robotics and Automation, Virtual / Mixed Reality, Big Data and much more.
Hands on Area.
The hands on area is always popular as it gives you the opportunity to get up close with a variety of different SAP solutions.
At #itelli2019 we are taking this further. Located in the Community Hall next to the Innovation Showcase you can get your hands on S/4HANA, SuccessFactors and of course SAP Analytics Cloud and the Digital Boardroom. Come along and see for yourself how these solutions can work for you.
Desperate for a conversation with someone about your particular SAP landscape or a challenge that you are trying to tackle? Why not drop by the Consultants Corner for a coffee and an informal chat with a member of our Consulting team? All of our Delivery Practice Directors will be in attendance, along with key members of their teams:
• Analytics – Anooj Behanan
• Customer Experience & Logistics – Mike Rawlinson
• HCM & People – Subramanian Swaminathan
• Technical Services – Nick Dean
• Program Management Office – Pete Pumilia
• Data Management – David Milburn
• Finance Transformation – Ian Garrington
Conveniently positioned next door to Consultants Corner you will find representatives from our Managed Services team led by Karen McLaughlin. As mentioned at #itelli2018, Managed Services is one of the fastest growing areas of our global business. With key insights in to the changing nature of Customer side SAP Centres of Excellence, Public vs Private Cloud infrastructure and the value of Partner delivered SAP maintenance, it will be well worth stopping by.
See you there?
#itelli2019 is shaping up to be the biggest and best itelligence conference so far. Hopefully this blog has helped confirm that you have made the right choice in deciding to spend May 15th in our company.
If you haven’t yet registered, then what are you waiting for?
Experience the itelligence community first hand, apply for your #itelli2019 tickets now.