This two-day instructor-led SAP BusinessObjects Webintelligence 4.2 Report Design course is designed to give you the comprehensive skills and in-depth knowledge needed to access, analyse and share data using BI Launchpad and BusinessObjects Web Intelligence.
This SAP BusinessObjects Webintelligence 4.2 Report Design two-day instructor-led course is designed to give you the comprehensive skills and in-depth knowledge needed to access, analyse and share data using BI Launchpad and BusinessObjects Web Intelligence.
During this course, you’ll learn how to organise, manage and distribute documents using BI Launchpad. You’ll also learn how to create Web Intelligence documents for your reporting needs, to retrieve data by building queries using BusinessObjects universes and to use Web Intelligence to enhance documents for easier analysis.
After taking this course, you will be able to efficiently and effectively manage personal and corporate documents to access the information you need, when you need it. You will be able to design your own reports using Web Intelligence and share your analysis with other users.
• Define the role of universes, classes, objects, measures, dimensions and details.
• Construct queries using pre-defined and ad-hoc conditions.
• Format reports.
• Manipulate data by applying filters, sorts, breaks calculations and ranking.
• Create cross tabular and financial reports.
• Generate and modify charts.
• Analyse data at different levels of detail.
The target audience for this course is report designers who need to access and analyse information using BI Launchpad and Web Intelligence.
Using BI Launchpad
• Logging into BI Launchpad
• Organising documents
• Opening a document
• Refreshing a document
• Saving a document
• Closing a document
• Scheduling a document
• Viewing a scheduled document
• Logging out of BI Launchpad
Querying the Database via the Universe
• Creating a query
• Editing a query
• Applying a pre-defined query filter
• Creating an ad-hoc query filter
• Filtering on dates
• Prompting for data
• Using quick filters
• Filtering on wildcards
• Using multiple conditions
• Workshop – querying the database via the universe
Selecting the Correct Presentation Style
• Creating a vertical table
• Creating a horizontal table
• Creating a cross tab
• Editing a cross tab
• Creating a form]Creating a chart
• Converting a table into a chart
• Creating Multiple blocks
• Workshop – selecting the correct presentation style
Managing Data Sources
• Creating multiple queries using the same data source(s)
• Creating a report within an existing document
• Moving a report within an existing document
• Editing a block
• Formatting a table
• Formatting a chart
• Formatting a section
• Formatting a cell
• Workshop – formatting reports
Applying Functions & Sections
• Manipulating breaks
• Applying calculations
• Using sorts
• Applying a ranking
• Manipulating filters
• Creating master/detail reports
• Workshop -applying functions and sections
Creating Variables, Formaulas & Alerters
• Creating a formula
• Converting a formula into a variable
• Editing a variable
• Deleting a variable
• Creating an alerter
• Workshop- creating formulas, variables and alerters
Drilling Through Data
• Using drill down
• Using drill Across
• Using drill by
• Using drill through
• Saving a snapshot analysis
• Drilling on a chart
• Workshop – drilling through data
For any questions please feel free to contact us.