This course is designed to give delegates the essential skills and techniques needed to create interactive dashboards in Tableau.
This two day course is designed to give delegates the essential skills and techniques needed to create interactive dashboards in Tableau.
After the course the delegates will be able to start the process of implementing a dashboard solution in their own environments, using their own data.
This course is designed for the beginner to intermediate-level Tableau user. It is for anyone who works with data regardless of technical or analytical background. This course is designed to help you understand and use the important concepts and techniques in Tableau to move from simple to complex visualizations and learn how to combine them in interactive dashboards
• Create engaging and interactive dashboards.
• Connect your dashboard to live data to make business decisions based on up to the minute data. Share your dashboard in multiple environments.
• Connect to your data.
• Edit and save a data source.
• Understand Tableau terminology.
• Use the Tableau interface / paradigm to effectively create powerful visualizations.
• Create basic calculations including string manipulation, basic arithmetic calculations, custom aggregations and ratios, date math, logic statements and quick table calculations.
• Represent your data using the following visualization types:
o Cross Tabs
o Pie Charts and Bar Charts
o Geographic Maps
o Dual Axis and Combo Charts with different mark types
o Heat Maps
o Box Plots
o Distribution Charts
o Highlight Tables
o Tree Maps
o Scatter Plots
• Use Reference Lines to highlight elements of your data.
• Use groups, bins, hierarchies, sorts, sets, and filters to create focused and effective visualizations.
• Use Measure Name and Measure Value fields to create visualizations with multiple measures and dimensions.
• Handle changes in your data source such as field addition, deletion or name changes.
• Share your visualizations with others.
• Combine your visualizations into Interactive Dashboards and publish them to the web
For any questions please feel free to contact us.