I had the pleasure of participating in a panel discussion yesterday regarding SAP Business ByDesign, a small and midsize business offering that provides an intuitive, highly adaptable, user-friendly on-demand solution allowing for easier consumption, faster time to value and minimized overall IT costs for the midsize market. This software is great for companies who have operations both locally and globally, and it enables preconfigured process best practices for managing financials, customer relationships, human resources, projects, procurement, and the supply chain.
Our discussion centered around SaaS (Software as a Service) and whether or not it is a right fit for your company’s IT infrastructure. Here are some of the questions you need to ask yourself before making a decision:
- Do you have limited capital budget, limited IT support, or no desire to build and maintain in-house IT infrastructure?
- Do you need an immediate fix for a particular business function but can’t risk disrupting operations?
- Have you outgrown manual processes, spreadsheets, or basic off-the-shelf applications – but don’t want to invest in expensive custom applications or systems?
- Do you want core process automation and best practices – but don’t require deep, customized functionality?
- Do you need better control and more predictable costs to manage, maintain, and upgrade you software over the long term?
If you answered yes to any of these questions, you should consider SAP Business ByDesign.