Earlier this year our client, John Hooker, VP of IT, GOJO Industries, shared his SAP deployment experience with SAPInsider. He sat down with SAPInsider editor, Natalie Miller at the Logistics and SCM2016 conference in Las Vegas, NV. Watch the short 5 minute interview below.
Within the interview, Mr. Hooker shares the benefits of the SAP implementation and he offers advice to other companies that are preparing for a new SAP ERP project. His main points are summarized below.
Benefits of the SAP Deployment
- Having everything in one place – SAP ECC 6.0 allowed GOJO to eliminate more than 10-12 “side systems” in addition to the legacy system.
- One version of the truth – The SAP system helps with knowledge management by eliminating silos. Now everyone has a shared starting point of information.
- G.I.B Planning and Operations Cockpit – The cost savings from label purchases alone provided a payback within 6 weeks.
- itelligence Hosting/Managed Services allows GOJO to focus on the business instead of managing servers.
Tips to Planning an SAP ERP Implementation
- Find a good partner. Choose one recommended by SAP, that understands your industry challenges, provides valuable recommendations, and removes obstacles for you.
- Set a good scope and be firm. Don’t add things part way through the process.
- Keep it Simple – Do not add a lot of customization. Understand what SAP can do for you within its configuration limits. It has a lot of flexibility.
- Have a change management plan. Be patient with users. People have big learning curves coming to SAP from other legacy systems. Give them an opportunity to get into the system and let them play and learn.
itelligence is proud to be the implementation and managed services partner for GOJO Industries. We thank John Hooker and GOJO for sharing lessons learned from their successful SAP ECC deployment.