The new role of the finance department is to lead the strategy that drives the company forward, not report on what happened in the past. Today’s modern finance department must learn how to add value to the organization by predicting what will happen in the future and driving innovation. This is the digital transformation that is happening in finance.
SAP and itelligence are proud to announce four finance workshops coming to cities across the U.S. this August and September that let attendees investigate SAP EPM tools to help them reimagine business with digital finance. Attendees will learn through hands-on labs using SAP Business Planning and Consolidation and SAP Analytics Cloud how to visualize an end-to-end finance story line, using a single finance system to transact, analyze and plan. The workshop is designed to help organizations that have struggled with these challenges in the past:
- You need tools to build reporting that uses data to predict market and customer trends, which can then be translated to business insights and actions
- The C-suite at your organization expects more analytic insight from the finance department to drive decisions in the company
- You lack data or analytics insight to provide forward-looking guidance on where to invest and drive innovation and growth in the organization
- Too much time is spent reactively rather than strategically, leading to a lack of innovation and clear strategy
- You have a younger generation of talent in your organization that expects modern finance technology to improve processes, increase workplace satisfaction and increase employee engagement
Mark Burke, Senior Director, EPM & Finance Center of Excellence at SAP, will deliver the keynote address on how data is transforming and modernizing finance. He will discuss how SAP is helping customers adapt to today’s dynamic business environment and how this change is being led by the finance department. Also included in this finance workshop will be a road-mapping presentation on SAP Cloud for Analytics and SAP BPC, including the most recent announcement of BPC 11.0, version for SAP BW/4HANA. In addition to hands-on lab time where attendees will learn to build faster and more robust reporting, itelligence and SAP has lined up SAP customer speakers to discuss their story of digital transformation using SAP tools. There will be a different speaker in each city.
In Atlanta, Stephen Collins, Senior Consultant, Business Reporting Systems at Tech Data Corporation, will present Tech Data’s digital finance transformation story. Headquartered in Clearwater, Florida, Tech Data is one of the world’s largest distributors of IT products and services. Tech Data began its journey with SAP several years ago when they switched from Hyperion to SAP’s Business Planning and Consolidation (BPC). Their finance transformation has taken them through merger and acquisition activity, as well as tremendous company growth as a Fortune 500 Company.
In Palo Alto, Bill Bracco, Corporate Controller, from Trans Bay Cable will present on their digital finance transformation with SAP and itelligence. Trans Bay Cable is an energy transmission company in the San Francisco Bay Area. They have used SAP EPM solutions to eliminate manual processes and spreadsheets in their finance department and improve their data quality. The results have been more robust and faster reporting and a faster consolidation process.
In Chicago, Dan Stone, Director, Finance, from American Hotel Register Company will present on their digital finance transformation with SAP and itelligence. American Hotel is the premier source in hospitality serving customers around the world with over 70,000 products and solutions. For over 152 years the company’s headquarters have been based in the Chicagoland area. American Hotel is on a journey of digital transformation, including S/4HANA and Business Planning & Consolidation (BPC). Hear their story of improved close cycles, real-time insight for forecasting and automated finance processes that are driving innovation in their business.
How to Register
Spots are filling up quickly for these innovative finance workshops. To register, click here. All events are being held at SAP’s offices in the four cities. To view the agenda for each city, click below.
- August 16- SAP office in Atlanta, GA (View Agenda)
- August 23- SAP office in Palo Alto, CA (View Agenda)
- September 12- SAP office in Chicago, IL (View Agenda)
- September 14- SAP office in Burlington, MA (View Agenda)