SAP Application Management Services (AMS) are services provided by various organizations to companies that need to outsource some or all of their SAP enterprise application support. AMS providers are organizations that offer IT and application management expertise for other companies. But, what does that mean?
What is AMS?
Time to value is at the core of a good AMS offering. These services can range from on-demand SAP support through full application outsourcing and managed cloud. This can include application enhancements (change requests (minor or major), upgrades, roll-outs) and optimization (advisory services, assessments, roadmaps).
Services are delivered by highly qualified consultants who leverage their SAP expertise and business knowledge to deliver maximum value to your organization. Because they do this repeatedly and have teams of experts across the SAP landscape, time to value is reduced. The AMS provider becomes an extension of your organization, giving you the ability to be more strategic with your SAP solution.
Why is AMS Important?
There are many benefits to partnering with an SAP AMS provider.
- Enable your IT organization to be less tactical and more strategic
AMS providers understand the need for you to enable your IT organization to be strategic and focused on driving more value from your SAP solution. Traditionally, IT organizations primarily focus on “keeping the lights on” and not realizing the true value of SAP. A good AMS partner works as an extension of your IT staff, focused on enabling your team and organization to drive and deliver value-add SAP solutions.
- Tailored AMS solutions to your needs
As your business and IT needs change, your AMS partner adapts to meet your demands. They recognize the value of a trusted, long-term partnership as opposed to long-term contract. Application Management Services offerings will adjust to the demands of your IT operations. You can work together to define a right-sized and right-shored delivery model for your organization’s specific needs.
- AMS positively impacts ROI
A good AMS provider will provide world-class expertise at an exceptional value for any size company. Clients get expert SAP assistance on-demand, in any functional or technical area, and often without the need for travel expenses. Services are easy to access, easy to work with, and always available.
Working with itelligence as your SAP AMS provider offers many key benefits:
- One-Stop Global Shop: A single point of contact for your complete SAP solution.
- Business Focus: You maintain focus on your core business and strategy, while we take care of the rest.
- System Stability: Reduce downtime when repairing equipment or software.
- Predictable Support Cost: Pay in equal monthly payments.
- Reduced Staff Risk: Mitigate the risk of losing key resources by augmenting your support staff.
- Value: You made an investment in SAP to deliver value. Let itelligence AMS help you do more!
To learn more, check out our free Solution Brief: How Can a SAP Center of Excellence Help Your Organization?